By Christine Mitchell
- 500gm chicken livers
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans tomato & onion mix
- 4 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon chilli sauce (or more if you prefer zesa with your food)
- 4 bay leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup cream or yoghurt
- Brown your livers on a non stick pan and set aside.
- In a heavy based pot, fry your onions, garlic, dried herbs and chilli sauce for 5 minutes on low.
- Add your tomato & onion mix, paprika, bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce to the onions. Let simmer on low for 1 hour.
- Add your yoghurt or cream to the sauce and once all mixed in add your livers and cook for another 10 minutes on low.
*Serve with fresh (homemade) bread if you can.
Image provided by Christine Mitchell