By Whisk It ZW
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour see notes below
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below, room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips I used Pascall cooking chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.. (To get best results, use parchment paper)
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing – do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
- Chill dough if dough is warm.
- Using a small or large ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 6 to 8 per pan, depending on size you are making.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched,
- Small cookies bake 8-10 minutes
- Large cookies bake 10-13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 18 -30 cookies depending on size.
Butter Tips: To avoid flat cookies: Be sure your butter is room temp (not melted or even softened), and try using cold/chilled dough if dough is warm: Just put it in the refrigerator to chill before baking.Flour Tips: Don’t over-mix cookie batter especially after the flour is added and add it gradually.Make sure your baking soda is not expired.
Chocolate Chip Tips: If you’re in chocoholic mode, go the full 2 1/4 cups of chocolate chips as the recipe calls out. If you want to tone down the chocolate chips, just use a lesser amount to your liking.
About Whisk It ZW
We place our orders through sending a direct message to our Instagram handle @whisk_it_zw and sending your full name contact number and delivery address along with your order and the day and time most convenient for you. A message will be send to confirm and it’s done ! It’s really that simple.
Images provided by Whisk It ZW