By Chef Dax Jackson
Creamy Chicken and Bacon with Dill Easter meal
Serves 6: Preparation time: 15 minutes cooking time: 20-25mins
What you need.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Chicken thighs
- 200g bacon bits
- 3 Tbls butter
- 3 baby leeks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp dried Dill (can substitute with tarragon)
- 500g mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 6 Tbsp cream/ plain Yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken thighs and bacon bits for 5mins on each side. Remove chicken and bacon
2. Add butter, onion and leeks to the pan and fry for 3mins. Add in mushrooms and garlic with a dash of extra olive oil. Continue to fry until mushrooms are soft.
3. Add in the Dill, wine or yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper and bring to simmer. Add the chicken and bacon back in and allow to simmer for a further 5mins.
Notes: This meal can be served with mashed potato (you can also serve with mashed sweet potato). For color add in peas before serving.
Originally published in the 1st Issue of Ndeipi Newsletter