By Tanaka Travels
Harare makes a wonderful city break and escape. From the absolutely divine local cuisine, bars with vibrant music and artsy historical museums. Even better, if you’re on the hunt for a luxury pad in the city, then Thembeka homes are the right place.
Located in Borrowdale, an affluent quiet area in Harare – it sits perfectly in reach of all the city’s popular bars and restaurants. Making it an ideal choice to escape from the hustle and bustle.
Arriving into Thembeka homes, you are welcomed with a beautiful entrance with palm trees, plenty of parking and a sense of security. The interior decor is absolutely pristine, a great balance of modern chic with African feels.
My favourite part of the house, apart from the clean spacious rooms, has to be the pool area. The sunken sitting area creates the perfect setting to catch a breeze whilst having drinks, without getting into the pool. watch here Since it’s self-catering you have the option to cook in the spacious kitchen in-house, and the outdoor grill which is great for bbqs.
– Location is easy to get to and within a distance of Sam Levy Shopping Village, bars and restaurants.
– Super clean, from the bathroom and bedding
– Secure environment
– Great pool area, or I should call it ‘insta worthy”
– Opportunity to host private events
– Wonderful hosts, they make you feel at home
– Spa option
– The hosts live in the home (family of 4), this can be uncomfortable for some travellers.
– Shared living area with other travellers, so be prepared to bump into other travellers by the pool and living room.
– Opportunity to make noise via music may be limited as other guests may be present etc.
Overall I had a great escape to Thembeka homes, it’s a beautiful home and the hosts are so welcoming.
Images from Thembeka Homes
Originally published in the 6th Ndeipi Newsletter