By Emilia Chibanguza
- 2 small tortillas
- Thinly sliced tomato rings
- Thinly sliced cucumber rings
- 2 lettuce leaves
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ Cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Olive oil
- Salt, Pepper, Chili flakes
- Sesame seeds
For the chicken:
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to gently pound to an even thickness.
- Place the flour on a large plate. Season with salt & pepper. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl. Mix sesame seeds, chili flakes and breadcrumbs on a separate large plate or tray.
- Dust chicken in the flour, dip into egg and then evenly coat with the breadcrumbs. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spray paper lightly with cooking spray/oil.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Turning halfway through cooking time and spraying again with cooking spray.
- Cut into strips once cooked.
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is smooth.
For the wraps:
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and mustard dressing to each tortilla and drizzle along the top. If you desire extra spice in your wrap feel free to add another 1/2 teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce or garnish with extra chilli flakes.
- Take half of the sliced tomatoes, cucumber and 1 lettuce leaf and add to tortilla. Lastly, add ½ of the chicken strips.
- Top with more of the honey and mustard dressing wrap up and enjoy!
Photograph provided by Emilia Chibanguza