By Taku Hove, The ‘Food and Bev Guru‘
Ingredients: Serves 4
For the Dough:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup Kefalos Double Cream Plain Yoghurt
For the Stew:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or minces
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups Dried Kapenta
- 1 cup tomato puree
- Soak the Kapenta in hot water and start making your dough.
- Stir self-rising flour, parsley, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the cup of yoghurt into the mixture to form a dough. Knead dough on a floured surface until soft and smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8 and roll into evenly sized balls.
- Leave to rest and start with your stew.
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the curry powder and fry until fragrant.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Strain the Kapenta and add into the pot.
- Add a cup of tomato puree.
- Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place dumpling balls on top of the stew in a circular formation and close on a low heat for about 25 min.
- Once ready, plate the stew and dumplings into a bowl and sprinkle fresh parsley.