By Tess Arkwright, Mwinilunga Safaris
- 2 cups of boiled and peeled nyimo beans
- 1 x large peeled clove of garlic
- A good grind of Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt (add a little at a time to loosen the nyimo paste this adds to the creaminess)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, olive oil or a combination of both
In a large bowl with a liquidizer or blender put in all ingredients and blend these until smooth, if you prefer a few lumps that also fine. Turn the blender off before having a little taste to adjust the seasoning. Pour into a small bowl and decorate as you wish, I like a sprinkle of chilly flakes, a good drizzle of olive oil and cayenne pepper.
Serve with crisp bread, Crudités or in wraps – use as you wish.
Have fun and make your own versions !
Full of health and happiness – an all Zimbabwean product.
Image provided by Tess Arkwright