By Chef Dzash
- 1 lobster
- 3-4 prawns deveined and deshelled
- Half a head of cauliflower
- 2 Baby beetroots
- 2 Baby carrots
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 deseeded tomato
- 250g of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Lobster needs to be poached in butter.
- With a pinch of paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Boil the beetroot for 45 mins till soft
- Boil cauliflower in milk and season to taste with salt and black pepper, add a pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Blanche carrots in seasoned water
- Replace boil with blanche
- Roast bell pepper on an open flame or roast in an oven for 5 mins.
- Blanche tomato and remove skin and de-seed, remove charred skin and blend
- Blend with Tomato
- Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Blend the cauliflower to a puree and strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Season prawns with salt pepper and thyme and fry for 1 and a half mins each side.
Plate up and serve
Originally published in the first issue of Ndeipi Newsletter