By Chef Rutendo
Below is my own recipe for shortbread biscuits suitable for those people without a lot of ingredients or if you just want to make something simple and delicious.
- 300grams cake flour
- 200grams margarine
- 100grams icing sugar
- Mix with an electric mixer or whisk, butter and sugar till smooth
- Add flour and form a smooth paste
- Flatten out on surface and cut out shapes either circles hearts stars your choice
- Place in a greased baking tray
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes
- When done let them rest and cool down
- To make icing use the egg white of one egg and whisk and add 60grams icing sugar or till it thickens and use food colouring to make fun colours to work with to ice your biscuits and enjoy!
Perfect for tea or as a snack for anyone anytime! Follow me on Instagram @rues_cakes_n_bakes same name for Facebook. Or whatsapp us on 0774150204
for more tantalizing recipes and to order baked treats.
Photograph provided by Chef Rutendo