With sunny skies predicted across many parts of Zimbabwe for at least some of the weekend, and this weekend set to be one of the busiest on the roads all year, do you want to explain to the family why you didn’t sign up for Drive Zimbabwe Roadside Assistance breakdown cover when planning your trip?
The approaching Easter long weekend will see a surge in traffic volumes on major routes in the country, and the Roadside Assistance Towing and Breakdown organization Drive Zimbabwe Roadside Assistance http://www.facebook.com/105600827733427 urges motorists to be especially vigilant on the roads for their own, and other road users’ safety. The long weekend begins on Good Friday, April 7, and ends on Tuesday, April 11.
“Sadly, the increase in traffic over the Easter break also leads to an increase in the number of fatal crashes and road fatalities over this period. While traffic law enforcement is enhanced during this weekend, many road users continue to disobey the rules of the road, and disregard their own and other road users’ safety. We, therefore, urge motorists, those on motorbikes, and pedestrians to be mindful of the increase in traffic volumes and to ensure they are cautious and always focused on the road when travelling,” says Drive Zimbabwe Roadside Assistance.
Drive Zimbabwe Roadside Assistance says road safety remains a problem in our Country but, at the same time, is not prioritized sufficiently by authorities. It says that even though traffic law enforcement is increased at specific times of the year, road users are responsible for obeying the rules of the road. “Traffic law enforcement can only do so much and if road users don’t play their role in ensuring their safety, they compromise the efforts of traffic law enforcement. Road users have a responsibility when on the road and until everyone understands and respects this, our country’s festive and annual road fatalities – which, in our view, amount to a national crisis – will not decline,” Drive Zimbabwe Roadside Assistance notes.
Ahead of the festive period, the Association offers the following tips for road users:
• Drink or drive.
• Text or drive.
• Rest before you travel. Do not drive if you are tired. Stop every two hours or 200 kilometres to stretch and get fresh air.
• Do not use electronic devices while driving. Use cell phones only when needed in an emergency.
• Ensure everyone in the vehicle wears a seatbelt (front and back).
• Drive to the conditions of the road. The indicated speed limit is not a target.
• Do not overtake when it is unsafe to do so and respect and obey the road markings which indicate when you may or may not pass other vehicles.
• If you are a cyclist, riding a motorbike, or a pedestrian, make yourself visible and ensure your protective clothing is in good condition.
• Ride and walk where it is safe to do so.
• Ensure you are properly protected with access to Drive Zimbabwe Roadside Assistance numbers 0780 579 261/0718 084 297 / 0736 523 424 in your phone in case of vehicle problems
• Respect traffic law enforcement, they are there to ensure your and other road users’ safety.
• Enjoy your drive and arrive safely at your destination.
“We also encourage travellers to make the journey part of their vacation by getting off the main roads and exploring Zimbabwe. Break a long drive with an overnight stay, and experience the splendor our country has to offer.
THE ONLY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROTECTION NEEDED FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES…
Get the ultimate protection for you, your loved ones, and your vehicle with the DRIVE ZIMBABWE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE! Our Drive Ultimate plan covers all, In addition to offering 24/7 Roadside Assistance Services, our membership can grant you access to a wide range of exclusive member benefits unlimited access to free technical, motoring, and road safety advice whenever you might need it, and more.
DRIVE ZIMBABWE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE MEMBERSHIP – IT’S MORE THAN JUST BREAKDOWN COVER.
We go the extra mile. Our road safety ethos encompasses driver well-being, vehicle well-being, and all the motoring essentials that come with being a driver…. after all, these things all need to be taken care of to keep you safe and legal on the roads. Call us or WhatsApp at 0780 579 261/0718 084 297 / 0736 523 424 Office+2638677160725 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org